Saturday, January 21, 2012

History of the car

My first car April 1976 when I was 16. The car was purchased new by my parents in late '67. It is a coupe Sport Sprint edition. It was Diamond Green, (almost white) two tone ivy gold interior,200 hp/289 V8, and automatic transmission. The Sprint Sport was a trim package that included: Chrome air cleaner lid, polished aluminum rocker panel moldings, Stainless Steel drip rails, leather wrapped floor shifter, wider tires, and full wheel covers. The '67 Mustang was one of my favorite cars then, and remains so today. The car was mere nine years old in '76, garage kept, and in good condition. AH
This is how the car looked from '77 thru '79. The body was made perfect and repainted by me in the original factory color. The interior redone in a moss colored crushed velvet (popular at the time). The exhaust was dueled out with chrome bell tips. American Racing Turbo wheels and wide Remington tires. Air shocks were used in the rear to help give the car an acceptable stance. It was my daily driver and very nice car in the day. AH
I went over seas in the summer of '79 and would later return in 81. The car was driven my other family members while I was away. When I return it was again repainted in the original color. Still a nice car I drove it until '84. The car although passed around has always remained in the family, and was driven until about '90. The car was parked, and remained in storage for 22 years. I recently acquired the car and is now in my garage awaiting a complete rebuild. AH

No comments:

Post a Comment